This document explains the campaign level report for Refer-A-Friend. For overall reports refer to All Campaigns Reports.
Accessing Refer-A-Friend Reports
Please follow the steps given below:
1. Login to the Merchant Center.
2. In Campaigns click on required Refer-A-Friend campaign.
3. In Refer-A-Friend Campaign, from the drop on the right side, select Reports. Refer to Figure: Access Reports.
Refer to Figure: Access Reports
By default, the Old Report Format is displayed. If you are running multiple Refer-A-Friend campaigns, and want to see combined report for all Refer-A-Friend campaigns together, click Back to Refer-a-Friend Campaigns. Refer to Figure: Reports Page.
4. Select a date range for the report to display and click Apply. Refer to Figure: Reports Page.
Figure: Quick Links
There are 2 types of report format as given below:
Old Report Format: This report has limited data and is useful only to check interactions on a daily basis to figure out trends.
New Report Format: This report has detailed data on campaign performance.
The report formats are explained in sections below.
Figure: Graphical presentation
Figure: Tabular Report
Click New Report Format and select a date range. Refer to Figure: New Report.
Figure: New Report
Explanation on how to read the report is given below:
- The top part of the report shows high level statistics:
- Value Delivered: This value is derived based on the values applied in Reports tab, in Reports Dashboard where reports for all campaigns are stored. For more information, please refer to Reports Dashboard.
- Referral Posts
- Referral Clicks
- Sales: Sum of direct and referral sales. Refer to Figure: New Report Status Bar.
Figure: New Report Status Bar
- The bottom part of the report is divided into 3 tabs. By default the ANALYTICS tab is displayed.
- REFERRAL ACTIONS. These are explained in below sections.
Conversion Funnel: This section shows a funnel view of your campaign, from app impressions down to referral sales and rewards.
- Distribution Metrics & Trends: This section has charts and trend lines which serve as a visual aid to gain insights on campaign performance.
Detailed Report: A breakdown of referral posts, clicks, sales and rewards by time period.
Given below are the various stages and the flow of the Conversion Funnel:
- App Impressions: App Impressions is the sum of pop-up views + sidebar / in-page button clicks. When a person views a pop-up, it is considered as one impression. If the person closes the App and later again click on the sidebar to view it again, it is considered as second impression.
- Refer-a-friend Views: This are the number of unique App impressions.
- Total Tab Views: Each click on any of the sharing channels is counted as a tab view. A single person may do multiple tab views.
- Referral Posts: Each share through any of the sharing channels is counted as a referral post.
- Direct Sales: A visitor on the site who interacts with the campaign, refers friends, and then converts into a sale is counted as a direct sale.
- Referral Clicks: This is a click by a friend on the referral post or referral link.
- Referral Sales: A purchase by a friend is counted as a referral sale.
- Total Referral Rewards: Number of incentive emails sent. Note: If a visitor has not provided their email address, then the incentive email cannot be sent.
- Unique Referral Rewards: Number of referrers to whom the reward is sent. A referrer could earn more than one reward for multiple referrals. The number count is only for the unique referrers.
- Sharing Channels: These are the various sharing channels used by the merchant admin for the campaign. The report bifurcates number of actions (actions for points 1 to 9 mentioned above) by each sharing channel.
Distribution Metrics & Trends
The Distribution Metrics is a Pie Chart report. Refer to Figure: Distribution Metrics.
For Trends report, refer to Figure: Trends.
Click View Report to view detailed report. It is a tabular report. You can export the report to a CSV file. Refer to Figure: Detailed Report.
Figure: Detailed Report
The report displays the information given below:
- Referrer Name.
- Referrer Email ID.
- Number of clicks for the referral post: Number of clicks for the referral post. When you hover your mouse on this number, you will also get a breakdown of which channels those clicks came through.
- Number of sales from the referral post: When you click on this number, you will see the coupon code which was sent to the referrer. You will also see the time at which the email was sent.
- Number of awards to the referral.
- Last date the referral shared the post. List of referrers is sorted by the last shared date. Refer to Figure: Referrers Report.
Figure: Referrers Report
Click REFERRAL ACTIONS tab. This tab gives a summary of the referral sales within the selected date range. By default you will see the referral sales pending for approval. If you have set your campaign for auto-approval, you will not see any records. Select ‘All’ from the drop down to see a list of your referral sales.
- Pending: From drop down select Pending to view pending items. You can Approve or Reject a pending item.
- Rejected: From drop down select Rejected to view rejected transactions. You can change and approve a rejected transaction.
- Approved: From drop down select Approved to view Approved transactions. You cannot reject an Approved transactions.
All: Click All to view All items. Refer to Figure: Referral Actions.
Click on the cup icon to see details about the incentive awarded.
Figure: Referral Actions