This document explains the campaign level reports for Social Connect. For overall reports refer to All Campaigns Reports.
Accessing Social Connect Reports
Please follow the steps given below:
1. Login to the Merchant Center.
2. In Campaigns click on required Social Connect campaign.
3. In Social Connect campaign, from the drop on the right side, select Reports. Refer to Figure: Access Reports.
Figure: Access Reports
By default, the Old Report Format is displayed. If you are running multiple Social Connect campaigns, and want to see combined report for all Social Connect campaigns together, click Back to Social Connect Campaigns. Refer to Figure: Reports Page.
4. Select a date range for the report to display and click Apply. Refer to Figure: Reports Page.
Figure: Reports Page
Figure: Quick Links
There are 2 types of report format as given below:
- Old Report Format: This report has limited data and is useful only to check interactions on a daily basis to figure out trends.
- New Report Format: This report has detailed data on campaign performance.
The report formats are explained in sections below.
Old Report Format
By default, the Old Report Format is displayed. Select a date range.
ShopSocially does not recommend using the old format for analyzing interaction rate and sales conversion rate. For these numbers please refer to New Report Format.
With the Old Report Format, You can see interactions and sales trends for the selected date range. The middle part of the report shows the graphical presentation. There is a tab below the graph using which you can select one or in combination of: Unique Views, FB Connetcs, and Sales. The graph will be displayed as per selected criteria. You can hover your mouse over the graph and see date wise update. Refer to Figure: Graphical presentation. The bottom part of the report displays the report in a tabular form. Refer to Figure: Tabular Report.
Figure: Graphical presentation
Figure: Tabular Report
New Report Format
Click New Report Format and select a date range. Refer to Figure: New Report.
Explanation on how to read the report is given below:
The top part of the report shows high level statistics:
- Value Delivered: This value is derived based on the values applied in Reports tab, in Reports Dashboard where reports for all campaigns are stored. For more information, please refer to Reports Dashboard.
- Facebook Connects: Sum of Facebook connects
- Email Subscribers
: Sum total of email subscribers.
- Referral Clicks: Number of clicks by sharers' friends.
- Sales: Sum of sales via Social Connect campaign. Refer to Figure: New Report Status Bar.
Figure: New Report Status Bar
The bottom part of the report is divided into 4 parts:
- Conversion Funnel
- Distribution of Key Metrics
- Detailed Report. These are explained in below sections.
This section shows a funnel view of your campaign, from App Impressions to Sales. Given below are the various stages and the flow of the Conversion Funnel:
- App Impressions: App Impressions is the sum of pop-up views + sidebar / in-page button clicks. When a person views a pop-up, it is considered as one impression. If the person closes the App and later again click on the sidebar to view it again, it is considered as second impression.
- Social Connect Views: This is sum total of unique views.
- FB Connect Clicks: This is sum total of number of users who have been offered the scheme. Here the users will be asked for permission for their profile to be shared with merchant. Around 40% of the users drop off at this stage.
- FB Connect Completions: This is the sum of total number users who have given permission for their profile to be shared with merchant and have got the incentive for completion of the activity.
- FB Shares: Facebook asks permission of the users to share on user's time line, with friends, groups, public, and so on. This is the sum total of number of users who have given this permission.
- Referral Clicks: This is the sum of total number clicks by friends on the post shared via Facebook.
Referral Sales: Sales via Twitter, Facebook, and Email.
Distribution of Key Metrics
The Distribution Metrics is a Pie Chart report. Refer to Figure: Distribution Metrics.
Figure: Distribution Metrics
For Trends report, refer to Figure: Trends.
Click View Report to view detailed report. It is a tabular report. You can export the report to a CSV file. Refer to Figure: Detailed Report.
Figure: Detailed Report