Before configuring Viral Offer Sharing, make sure you have completed all mandatory integration. For tutorial on the above integration, please refer to Integrating ShopSocially.
Refer to Figure: Configuring Viral Offer Sharing for configuration flow.
Configuring Viral Offer Sharing
Adding New Campaign
You can add new campaigns using the Adding New Campaign button.
Please follow the steps given below:
1. Login into Merchant Center.
2. Click Campaigns tab. Refer to Figure: Adding New Campaign.
3. Click Add New Campaign tab. Refer to Figure: Adding New Campaign.
4. Select and click available campaign, or from available campaigns.
Figure: Adding New Campaign
Configuring the campaign
When you add a new campaign you will be taken to the configuration setup. Refer to Figure: Configuration Tabs.
Figure: Configuration Tabs
There are two tabs in the configuration set up. Setup for each tab is given in following sections.
1. In Offer Info, provide:
- Offer Title (Max 100 chars)
- Offer Image (415 x 520 px)
- Email Introduction Text HTML: This is the email introduction text HTML. If you want to use this, you will first need to select the check box "Show sharing options after coupon Unlock" in "Advanced". When you do this, and the user on unlocking the coupon, selects to send email, and send the email to friend, the friend will receive the email. Refer to Figure: Email Introduction Text HTML 1, and Figure: Email Introduction Text HTML 2.
Figure: Email Introduction Text HTML 1
Figure: Email Introduction Text HTML 2
- Offer Description HTML (250 chars). Please refer to Figure: Offer Info.
Figure: Offer Info
2. Destination Page, provide:
- Offer Landing Page URL: This is the destination page where you want to finally land the user after unlocking the offer. This page is usually where there is a lot more information about the offer. It is recommended that the unlocked coupon code should not be present on the destination page. If you are offering a generic coupon, the landing page URL can also be your website home page.
3. In Incentive Info, provide:
- Type of Incentive: Choose one any one type of incentive:
1. Generic coupon code: Same coupon code for everyone.
2. Single use coupon code: Each user get a unique coupon code upon unlock.
The coupon codes have to be generated in your shopping cart and uploaded here. The App will simply display whatever is uploaded here. For Generic Coupon Codes, enter the coupon code that will be given to each user upon email subscription. For single use coupon codes, enter one coupon code per line. If you have a list of coupon codes in a spreadsheet you can copy paste the column there. The App will give out the codes to the users sequentially. The 'Get Status' button can be used to check how many codes are used up and how many are remaining. The App will be auto paused when all the coupons are used up. You will receive automated notifications when the coupons are close to exhaustion.
- Coupon Expiry
- Offer Terms Text (To be displayed below coupon after user unlocks the offer). Please refer to Figure: Incentive Info.
Figure: Incentive Info
4. In Facebook Post, provide:
- Facebook Post Title
- Facebook Post Description Text: Refer to Figure: Facebook Post.
Figure: Facebook Post
5. Click Save.
1. In Viral Page Display, provide:
- Show sharing options after coupon Unlock: Check this box if you want to show the popup to encourage sharing via Facebook, Twitter, and email shows up immediately after coupon unlock. Refer to Figure: Sharing Options.
- Show Landing page in background: When the offer pop-up is displayed, you have the option to leave the background blank or to show the final landing page in the background. Check this box if you want to show the final landing page in the background. Refer to Figure: Viral Page Display.
- Continue Button Text: After the user has unlocked the deal, you can modify the text that tells the user what to do next. Refer to Figure: Continue Button.
- Already Like Text: Text to show for users who want to bypass the like gate to get the incentive. We are required to show this option to be compliant with Facebook's Policies which require the incentive to be available to both new and existing users of your Facebook page. You can control the text to be shown. Refer to Figure: Viral Page Display.
- Like Image (420 x 255 px): If you want to change the background Like image on the Viral Offer Sharing page, you can upload it here.
Here are some requirements for the image:
- The image must be of 420 pixels width and 255 pixels height.
- The image must be have a predominantly white background.
- A 150 x 40 pixels white area on the left bottom must be reserved for text in 'Already Like Text'. Refer to Figure: Viral Page Display.
Figure: Sharing Options
Figure: Continue Button
Figure: Viral Page Display
2. In Sidebar, provide:Sidebar PositionSideBar HTML: You can include any HTML to be shown in the sidebar. The size of the sidebar is also controllable using HTML.When a user clicks on the to minimize the offer, a sidebar continues to show the offer on the page. This field controls the contents of the sidebar. Refer to Figure: Sidebar.
3. In Like Action, provide:
4. Click Save.
- Fan Page URL: Normally, when the user clicks on the Like button, a post appears on the user's Facebook timeline. However, in certain circumstances, you may want to use Viral Offer Sharing to acquire Facebook fans. In that case, the Like action needs to be modified. Enter the Facebook Fan page URL here.
Eliminating the 'Like' step