A/B Testing platform allows you to test same campaign under different scenarios, and supports an A/B test. You can set different scenarios, and can have different targeting rules for each campaign you select for the A/B test.
You can use the A/B Test framework primarily in two scenarios:
1. Assessing the impact of presence of onsite social commerce apps.
2. Determining the best performing social media campaign.
Through the A/B Testing feature, you can split the traffic equally among number of campaigns you select for the A/B test. This allows you to ascertain conclusively how the App is influencing sales conversion and revenue generation on your site. You can also use the traffic split to show two different versions of the same campaigns and observe which has greater returns. These versions can differ in terms of incentive offered, creative, ad-copy, or layout. How to configure A/B Testing campaign, is explained in separate section below.
Adding New Campaign
You can add new campaign using the Adding New Campaign button.
Please follow the steps given below:
1. Login into Merchant Center.
2. Click Campaigns tab.
3. Click Add New Campaign tab. Refer to Figure: Adding New Campaign.
4. Select and click A/B Testing campaign.
Figure: Adding New Campaign
Figure: Campaign Type
1. Select campaign from drop down you want to run A/B Testing for, and click Continue. Refer to Figure: Campaign Type.2. Click Add Configuration.3. Select one of the below mention options, and click Continue. Refer to Figure: Add Configuration.
Figure: Add Configuration
- New Configuration: Select this option if you want to create a new campaign (For ShopSocially App) to add to A/B Testing. The created campaign then will be added to A/B Testing. To return to A/B Testing campaign, click A/B Test. Refer to Figure: A/B Test 1.
Figure: A/B Test 1
- Copy from existing campaigns: Using this option, you can copy existing campaigns. Please note: Only the campaign configurations are copied, and not the targeting rules. You will need to set up the targeting rules.
- "No Show" Configuration: If you select this option, the A/B testing will show, how many sales are coming through your site without running any ShopSocially App. That is the App will not be shown to any visitors. Please note: You can also use this option to divide the A/B Testing into more parts. See example below:
You have Refer-A-Friend campaign with 2 version. Now you also add a "No Show" Configuration option.So, now the campaign has three dimensions:
Recommendation: We recommend that you create campaign outside of the A/B Testing, and then copy the same in the A/B Testing.1. One third of the visitors will see version 1 of the campaign.2. One third of the visitors will see version 2 of the campaign.3. One third of the visitors will not see the campaign ("No Show" Configuration).
1. By default the Configuration button is displayed. From the drop down, select Targeting. Refer to Figure: Targeting.
In the Targeting menu, you will be presented with two options:
- No targeting. Show this campaign on all pages that contain the ShopSocially tag. Refer to below section.
- Display this campaign only when all the rules selected below are satisfied. Refer to below section.