You need to create the Twitter App for Loyalty Dashboard, if you want to award points when user connects via Twitter.
To create a Twitter App, please follow the steps given below:
2. Applications you have created will be displayed. Click Create New App.
Please Note: If you have not created any applications yet, you will see message "You don't currently have any Twitter Apps". Click Create New App to create your first Twitter App. Refer to Figure: Create New App.
3. In Application Details, enter required application details as per below:
- Name: Merchant's application name. This is used to attribute the source of a tweet and in user-facing authorization screens. 32 characters maximum.
- Description: Your application description, which will be shown in user-facing authorization screens. Between 10 and 200 characters maximum.
- Website: Merchant's website URL.
Your application's publicly accessible home page, where users can go to download, make use of, or find out more information about your application. This fully-qualified URL is used in the source attribution for tweets created by your application and will be shown in user-facing authorization screens. If you don't have a URL yet, just put a placeholder here but remember to change it later. Refer to Figure: Application Details. Please Note: The figure is for example and hence you see Shopsocially website URL. You will need to enter your website URL here.
- Callback URL: Please enter exact URL as mentioned below:
Figure: Application Details
4. In Developer Agreement, select check box to accept the agreement.
5. Click Create your Twitter Application. Refer to Figure: Developer Agreement.
Figure: Developer Agreement
6. Click Settings tab and update required information as per below:
- In Application Details, select "Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter" check box. Make sure you select this option. Refer to Figure: Application Details.
Figure: Application Details
- In Application Icon, choose a file to upload and update App icon.
- In Organization, update enter your organization name and website URL.
- Click Update Settings to save changes. Refer to Figure: Organization Details.
Figure: Organization Details
7. Click Keys and Access Tokens tab. Make a note of your Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret) which are required in Social Login campaign. Refer to Figure: Keys and Access Tokens.
Please note: Keep the "Consumer Secret" a secret. This key should never be human-readable in your application.
Figure: Keys and Access Tokens
Please note: Twitter does not provide email address after successful login. So, we prompt user for his email after user logs in via twitter. ShopSocially's current implementation of Twitter Social Login does not verify this email address.